Steps to Becoming a Foster or Adoptive Parent
At Aspiranet, we make every effort to move your certification process according to your timeline. In as little as three months, you can welcome a child into your home. We have developed a streamlined and transparent process for our foster parents as a result of decades of experience in foster care certification.
- Orientation – You will watch a brief online introductory video to becoming a foster parent with Aspiranet. We can also send a physical copy of the orientation if you do not have internet access. Online orientation takes approximately 30 minutes. Apply now.
- PRIDE Training – Our foster care pre-certification classes are conducted at your local Aspiranet office. We schedule these trainings on a monthly basis at times convenient to both conventional and nonconventional work schedules.
- Paperwork Completion and Background Requirements – Your local Aspiranet office will work with you to complete all foster parent certification paperwork, including criminal background checks, DMV record reports, CPR and First Aid training, TB testing and application forms.
- Interview – We view the interview process as an opportunity to learn about your unique skills and needs as a foster parent with Aspiranet.
- Home Study – This process will ensure that your home is compliant with applicable home safety laws for foster parents in the state of California. We have plenty of resources to prepare you for this visit ahead of time.
To talk with one of our family recruiters call 877.380.HERO and take the first step to creating a lifelong connection with a foster child.